The Product of the Show Awards
Every year at SEAI's annual Energy Show, some of the best products available on the market are selected for the Product of the Show Awards. The 2017 awards were broken down into seven categories, including:
- Best Energy Efficient Product
- Best Innovative Product
- Best Services Provider
- Best Product of the Future
- Best Renewable Product
- Best Lighting Product
KORE entered into the "Best Innovative Product" category and was shortlisted to be judged during the Energy Show, held the 5th - 6th of April at the RDS in Dublin. KORE's Insulated Foundation System was showcased among the other shortlisted candidates.
What is KORE's Insulated Foundation System?
KORE's Insulated Foundation System wraps the entire foundation of a building in a layer of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) insulation. Fully engineered for each specific build, the system virtually eliminates thermal bridging at the wall-to-floor junction. This proven foundation system typically provides U-values ranging from 0.09W/m2K to 0.10W/m2K, well below that of traditional raft or strip foundations in use today.
KORE's Insulated Foundation System is manufactured in Ireland at our state of the art facility in Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan. Additional benefits include:
- The system installs quickly, typically in only a few days and is delivered to site fully engineered. It has a very easy learning curve for installation.
- The foundation reduces the concrete required for the foundation by up to 60 percent, reducing the carbon footprint and labour, helping to significantly reduce the overall cost.
- The system is designed to continually exceed Part L of Ireland's Building Regulations
- Heat loss through rising walls is reduced from 65 percent to as little as 12 percent
- The foundation is suitable for all ground conditions, easily accommodating the radon barrier
- When installed, the foundation eliminates the risk of condensation, fungus and mould growth behind the skirting board
- The EPS insulation itself does not diminish over time and will last the full life of the building. In addition, it can be recycled at the end of the building's useful life and manufactured into hundreds of other products.
- Underfloor heating systems are easily accommodated with the foundation system
- The system and its EPS offers a very high compressive strength - meaning the system can be used for multi-storey buildings, both commercial and domestic
- KORE's Insulated Foundation System can be used for any build type - cavity wall, hollow block, solid block, timber frame, SIPs panels and ICF.
- The system usually costs the same or less than a traditional foundation system, due to savings in concrete, labour and other materials.
KORE's Insulated Foundation System is the perfect combination when used for low energy builds or those trying to receive Passive House Certification. The system itself can be designed to meet Passive House Standards as required by the customer. To learn more, or to request a quotation, visit the KORE Insulated Foundation System website.
KORE's Insulated Foundation System is highly commended
KORE received a "high commendation" from SEAI for our Insulated Foundation System's entry in the Energy Show 2017 Product of the Show Award's Best Innovative Product category.
You can view a full list of the Product of the Show Award winners on the SEAI website.
A very special congratulations to everyone on the KORE Insulation team for achieving this award!