With temperatures set to reach 30c this week, here are some tips to keep your home cool.
Keep your blinds closed
- If the sun shines directly into a room, ensure you block out the sun with blinds or curtains. This will keep the room cooler, and protect your room from becoming greenhouse like.
Change your bed clothing
- Swap those warm flannel sheets for cooling cotton. Change your winter duvet for a duvet with a tog value of 3.0.
Switch from oven cooked foods to salad
- This one may seem obvious with warmer weather, but please refrain from using your oven as it generates extensive heat. Why not BBQ outside?
Open your windows at night
- Temperatures drop at night time, if it is possible to keep your windows open slightly, it will allow cool air to circulate while you sleep.
- Sip on iced cool drinks throughout the day and night to regulate your body temperature. Applying a cold wet cloth to your neck and wrists also helps to cool from the inside out.