KORE are a 100% Guaranteed Irish, family run business that focuses on delivering the best technologically advanced insulation solutions to the construction industry. We pride ourselves on a personalised approach that offers a comprehensive technical support package to each customer based on their project needs.
We are a well-established Irish EPS manufacturer with nationwide coverage who can deliver best in class, bespoke insulation solutions to the building and construction industry. We are better than the competition. We do this by investing in product innovation, training and our people so that we can work knowledgeable, efficiently and in partnership with our customers to deliver the right product, at the right time, to the right location, thereby saving time, money and wastage which is good for our customers and the environment.
The History of KORE Insulation
Founded in 1997, KORE Insulation, formerly known as Airpacks Ltd., was founded by Tommy Brady, Helen Brady and Jimmy Macken. Two friends with a background in construction developed the company as they saw a gap in the Irish market for high quality, long lasting EPS insulation.
The 60ft x 190ft factory in Kilnaleck, Co. Cavan was purchased in 1997 and was in need of major refurbishment. As company success grew, the factory redeveloped several times, and has now become a state of the art facility totalling more than 45,000 square feet.
The founders had a hands-on role within the company, building many of the machines by hand, including the cutting line and squaring table; some of which are still in use today.
The first product to be manufactured in the factory was Expanded Polystyrene boards, used for external insulation, floor insulation and roof insulation. With increased demand and a growing market, KORE continue to innovate and developed new insulation solutions.
Between 1998 and 2000 the company grew rapidly, starting with an agreement with Amalgamated Hardware in a distribution deal that included over 200 stores. The factory was expanded adding 190ft x 50ft for EPS block storage.
KORE Insulated Concrete Formwork (ICF) was first produced in 2006, which saw a durable product that supplied low U-values and high thermal performance for new builds.
A year later, Airpacks Ltd was rebranded as KORE Insulation.
In addition, KORE Fill Cavity Wall Insulation was produced under NSAI certification number 07/0293 to insulate cavity walls using a bonded bead system made from EPS.
KORE Fill helped to increase KORE’s presence in the retrofit market, supplying older builds with improved energy efficiency at a lower cost compared to other insulation methods and materials.
The KORE Network of contractors began to grow, eventually covering every county in Ireland with access to KORE Fill Bonded Bead and an NSAI & SEAI registered contractor to install the product.
In 2009, the KORE Fill Bonded Bead Cavity Wall Insulation System received BBA certification.
KORE also become the founding members of the National Insulation Association of Ireland.
In addition, Noel Brady became the Managing Director of the company.
In 2010 KORE launched the innovative Insulated Foundation System, offering low ground floor U-values while eliminating the floor-to-wall thermal bridge.
The KORE Fill Network continued to grow to 26 approved contractors located around the country.
In 2011, KORE joined Guaranteed Irish and received ISO 9001:2008 certification.
Both KORE Fill and the KORE Insulated Foundation System were also featured in Passive House Plus Magazine for the first time.
In 2014, KORE began offering energy efficiency upgrades under SEAI’s Better Energy Communities Scheme to residents of Kilnaleck and the surrounding areas.
KORE also begins offering Electric Ireland’s Energy Efficiency Incentive, making energy efficiency upgrades more affordable to homeowners across Ireland.
A year later, KORE began administering the KORE Warmer Homes Scheme on behalf of the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI). Roof and wall ventilation products were also added to our extensive range of energy efficiency solutions.
In 2016, KORE became the first company in Ireland to be certified to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015. KORE also adds ISO 18001:2007.
KORE participates as the lead applicant in SEAI’s Better Energy Communities Scheme for the Cavan area.
The success of the project is celebrated at a company event in December 2017.
KORE also reaches a huge milestone and celebrates 20 years in business.
2018 was a tremendous year for KORE.
In October, KORE won Most Innovative Business of the Year Award at the Cavan Business & Tourism Awards 2018.
KORE also picked up the Overall Business of the Year.
We were selected as finalists in the Small Business Category at the SEAI Energy Awards 2018.
KORE also picked up a third win for Energy Efficiency Project of the Year at the KPMG Property Industry Excellence Awards 2018.
KORE began the 2018 Better Energy Communities Scheme in partnership with SEAI, offering SEAI’s Deep Retrofit Pilot Schemes to homeowners in surrounding counties.
2019 started on a high with successful audits for our ISO certification 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management Systems) and additional accreditation to ISO 45001: 2018 (Occupational Health & Safety) Standard, upgraded from the previous 18001.
KORE participated in various trade shows & events: Sustainable Energy Authority Ireland (SEAI).
Self Build Live Dublin and Cork
Architecture + Building Expo (where our Insulated Foundation System was commended for best exterior product at the Architect’s Choice Awards).
2020 was a challenging year for everyone. As an SME we are grateful for the support we have received from our hard working and dedicated employees, suppliers and customers.
We became winners of the Small Firms Association (SFA) National Small Business Awards in the Manufacturing and Overall Winner category.
KORE introduced several new products: KORE T-Beam, KORE XPS & the KORE Inverted Flat Roof System.
We also installed a new Nuova IdroPress Vertical Block Moulding machine to increase the overall quality of our product.
KORE’s Insulated Foundation System received full certification from the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) under Irish Agrément Board Certificate Number 20/0424
KORE also received an update to our NSAI Agrément certificate for KORE Fill Bonded Bead Cavity Wall Insulation, with a number of key changes to Cert No. 07/0293.
The team was expanded with more talented people and we successfully participated in online campaigns for health and safety, quality, the environment and workplace wellbeing.
KORE picked up the award for SME: Exemplary Energy Performance at the SEAI Energy Awards.
2021 has been a hugely successful year for KORE Insulation:
Our Insulated Foundation was used by major developers across Ireland, ranging from 10 units to over 100 unit sites. KORE Floor was also used on large scale developments of 500 units, as well as smaller developments of 10 to 50 units.
We also upgraded machinery and added new equipment to increase efficiency, production and to ensure a high-quality product for every order.
KORE has attended to a few shows so far:
SEAI Energy Show 2022 (Dublin – RDS)
SIG Ireland annual staff conference (Athlone – Hodson Bay Hotel).
We launched our Insulated Foundation System Live CPD for Engineers.
We were finalists in the Guaranteed Irish Business Awards 2022.
We offer a best in class personalised service focused on delivering the best technologically advanced insulation solutions to the construction industry. We achieve this by following our core values as outlined below.
- We are AGILE
- We adapt and change faster than anybody.
- We balance speed and wisdom to move us forward.
- Our size is our superpower.
- Last minute changes turn us into quick decision-makers.
- We never compromise our INTEGRITY
- We will never breach the trust given to us.
- We are honest in all our dealings.
- We may not always get everything right,
- but we try our best to do the right thing.
- We are driven by AMBITION
- We have the vision, drive and determination to be the best.
- We want to be recognised as the best in our marketplace.
- We aim to be the supplier of choice in the industry,
- and the employer of choice for best-in-class talent.
- We focus on INNOVATION
- We always challenge ourselves to seek out new and improved ways to achieve results.
- We embrace new ideas, methods and technologies.
- We never take things for granted and always evaluate ourselves.
- We don’t just come up with ideas – we turn plans into reality.
- We hold ourselves ACCOUNTABLE
- Accountability is the glue that ties commitments to results.
- It’s a part of our company culture that makes us unstoppable.
- At our core, we stand for reliability and personal responsibility.
- Everyone is important at KORE.
- Delivery on personal commitments is at the heart of our ability to always do the right thing.
- We are defined by our ENTHUSIASM
- We care intensely that we have the right people, doing the right things, in the right way to deliver world-class products and services.
- We are an enthusiastic team ready to exceed expectations.
- We WORK SMART
- We work with effectiveness at the forefront of our mind.
- Our customers work with us because it’s easy to do business with us.
- Our goals are measurable and our outcomes reported.
- We add real value – the primary driver for our success.
COLLABORATION & TEAMWORK
- We believe in COLLABORATION & TEAMWORK
- Everyone plays a vital role in the company.
- We win by working together.
- Individual heroism is not in our culture. Being a team is.
- We listen, not tell.
- Teamwork at KORE means communication, respect, commitment and adaptability. It enables us to build trust while also creating a strong bond.
- We are CUSTOMER-FOCUSED
- We cannot be all things to all people, nor can we assume that what we want to sell is what our customers want to buy.
- That’s why our key to success is bringing clarity to our customer’s real needs and how we can deliver them.
- If we cannot meet your needs, we don’t waste your time.