KORE is pleased to announce our Insulated Foundation System has received full certification from the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) under Irish Agrément Board Certificate Number 20/0424.
This NSAI certificate certifies that the KORE Insulated Foundation System complies with the requirements of the Building Regulations 1997 to 2019.
What is the KORE Insulated Foundation System?
The KORE Insulated Foundation System consists of rigid polystyrene boards cut from moulded blocks of EPS. The system is comprised of three components: KORE Floor EPS100 White, KORE Floor EPS200 White and KORE Floor EPS300 White. When used together, the KORE Insulated Foundation System provides an efficient insulating layer to reduce the thermal transmittance of ground concrete floors.
An in-situ concrete slab is poured on top of the KORE Insulated Foundation System. Vertical upstands of insulation are used to insulate the slab from the wall to reduce thermal bridging at the wall to floor junction.
KORE’s Insulated Foundation System does not contain CFCs or HCFCs and has zero Ozone Depletion Potential. Like all EPS products, the foundation system will last the lifetime of the building with little to no maintenance required.
Why use an insulated foundation system?
Apart from the extremely low U-values KORE’s Insulated Foundation System is able to provide, the wall to floor cold bridge is virtually eliminated by essentially wrapping the entire foundation in a layer of EPS insulation.
In addition, the system is fully engineered and manufactured off-site. Once delivered to the job site, the foundation system can be installed in just a few days and provides the client and end-user a wide range of benefits:
- Reduces underfloor heating loss through rising walls from 65% to 12%
- Reduces the quantity of concrete required for the foundation by up to 50%
- It’s suitable for nearly all ground conditions while easily accommodating the radon barrier
- The system eliminates the risk of condensation, fungus and mould growth behind the skirting board
- It’s exceptional compressive strength makes the product suitable for domestic and commercial applications with heavy internal loading
- It’s suitable for use with very low energy builds and standards like Passive House Certification
- The system can solve issues on site where traditional build methods will not work
- Its thermal performance does not degrade over time, unlike other insulation materials found on the market today
KORE’s Insulated Foundation System assists with lean construction methods, reducing material, on-site waste and the required labour for installation. It can be provided for one-off self builds, or can be manufactured to supply even the largest developments across the country.
More information is available on the KORE Insulated Foundation System product page.
KORE’s technical business development manager, Andrew Butler, goes on to say “the certification of the KORE Insulated Foundation System provides a great opportunity for the construction industry to build highly energy efficient homes without the cost implications some building methods have when trying to meet building regulations. The KORE Insulated Foundation System simplifies the build process and easily achieves the requirements of Part L 2019, and we are happy to do so at a cost below more traditional solutions available on the market today.”
For more information on the KORE Insulated Foundation System, or to request a quotation, contact our technical team today. You can download the full NSAI certification below.
An official launch event will follow in the coming weeks. Please check the KORE website or our social media channels for more information as it.