KORE Insulation Wins Big at the 2023 Irish Construction Excellence Awards
KORE Insulation is thrilled to announce that we have been chosen as a Winner at the 2023 Irish Construction Excellence Awards in the Construction Product Innovation – Building Fabric category for the KORE Insulated Foundation System! This achievement proves our commitment to product innovation, and our passion for embracing the future of the industry as we move towards modern methods of construction.
Several benefits of KORE’s Insulated Foundation System were acknowledged:
- The foundation system warps the entire foundation in a continuous layer of EPS insulation, virtually eliminating the critical wall-to-floor cold bridge
- The system reduces the amount of concrete required by approximately 45%, reducing the number of concrete pours to one while at the same time reducing the embodied carbon
- The system provides U-values as low as 0.10W/m2K, meeting and exceeding the requirements of Part L by a wide margin
- The foundation is precision manufactured to design specification off-site and delivered ready to install with an installation guide
- It’s fully engineered by a certified structural engineer
The on-site benefits of the KORE Insulated Foundation System can also be attributed to this win, including:
- Increasing the speed of construction, allowing builders to build more units per year at a cost comparable or below that of a traditional foundation
- The system provides confidence to builders and increases the safety and welfare of workers on-site
- Eliminates block work from the substructure, reducing the number of trades required during this phase of construction
- Reduces the amount and type of machinery required for the substructure, for example, eliminating teleporter overhead costs while attending block layers
- Reduces waste on-site during construction of the substructure by approximately two-thirds
- Suitable for most build types and ground conditions including masonry, timber frame, ICF, SIPs and steel frame
Learn more about the benefits of the KORE Insulated Foundation System.
KORE’s Insulated Foundation System is the first NSAI certified insulated foundation system available in Ireland.
Steven Magee, business development manager at KORE Insulation commented on the win “this achievement at the 2023 Irish Construction Excellence Awards proves our commitment to modern methods of construction by providing the industry with an innovative, cost-effective, and high-performance way to design and build foundations.
The KORE system not only increases speed and quality of construction, but provides real on-site benefits like reduced waste, increased health, safety and welfare of workers on-site, while at the same time reducing embodied carbon in the substructure and providing low ground floor U-values that will last the lifetime of the building. This award continues to motivate the team to innovate and provide sustainable solutions that solve real problems the construction industry face today.”
To learn more about the KORE Insulated Foundation System, or to request a quote, visit the KORE Insulation website.