KORE are delighted to announce we have successfully attained ISO 50001: Energy Management Certification.
This standard is compatible with our existing standards of ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management, and ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management Systems, building on our commitment to using energy effectively and efficiently, supporting our objectives outlined in our dedicated energy policy, towards our path to net zero carbon emissions by 2030.
As an organisation, we manage our energy by reviewing our energy usage, our conservation of resources, and our impact on the environment. We have developed objectives, targets, and management programmes to help us improve our energy and sustainability performance and achieve continual improvement.
Some activities that have been implemented to help deliver energy savings and reduced carbon emissions include:
- Installation of Solar PV panels to generate approximately 9,000 kWh of renewable energy per annum
- Installation of new high efficiency production equipment, including a new block mould that will harness 29,900kWh in electrical savings, 561,230kWh in thermal savings, and reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by 195,802 kg/CO2 per annum
- Increase in electric vehicles, and charging points, as well as all U.K. exports transported via zero emission vehicles
- All insulation products are sustainable and part of the circular economy, carrying an environmental product declaration (EPD)
- Introduction of Ireland’s first low carbon EPS product, with substantial carbon savings during the manufacture of raw material and insulation board using BASF’s Biomass Balance Approach
- Education and training for all employees, customers and suppliers on energy management initiatives and improvements.
Positive energy management is a step towards greater environmental responsibility and awareness, and is an important part of our company values and what we stand for.
Learn more about KORE’s commitment to the environment, and how our products, people and policy can make a difference in your next build.