Do you want to learn about a proven, high-performance and cost-effective insulation material that has been in use for decades? Do you want to learn how to insulate a new build or retrofit, domestic or commercial project to a low energy standard, including nZEB and Passive House? Do you want to stay up to date on the latest innovative insulation solutions? If so, our continuing professional development course, in partnership with KORE Insulation & K Rend is for you!
This FREE Continuing Professional Development breakfast briefing will take place on 4th April, 2019 at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast. The session will start at 8am and last approximately 90 minutes. Those in attendance will earn CPD credit points. The main objectives of this session including learnings on the benefits of Expanded Polystyrene insulation and compliance with low energy building standards. The course will focus on two solutions – KORE’s Insulated Foundation System and the K Rend External Wall Insulation System.
Who Should Attend?
Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors & BER Assessors and other key decision makers
- Those involved in the planning and design of domestic and commercial builds, both new build and retrofit
- Key decision makers looking to specify insulation solutions for new build and retrofit projects
- Those interested in working with a high quality, cost effective insulation material to achieve low energy standards, like nZEB, Passive House Certification, EnerPHit etc.
Building & Insulation Contractors
- Those involved in the installation of external wall insulation or other insulation systems
- Those involved with the installation of foundation systems
- Site managers/foreman and operatives who would like to learn more about EPS, external wall insulation systems, insulated foundation systems and the installation and quality assurance process
Construction & Building Industry Professionals
- Anyone in the construction and building industries with an interest in low energy building and the fabric first approach.
- Self builders who are in the process of planning and designing a new build
KORE Insulation – Session 1 (45 minutes in length)
Presented by Steven Magee, Business Development Manager & Andrew Butler, Technical Business Development Manager The first session of the breakfast briefing will explore the following topics in depth:
- The basics & benefits of Expanded Polystyrene insulation
- KORE Insulated Foundation System
- Overview and benefits
- Principles of use
- Product technical details
- Installation process
- Typical construction details
- Building to Nearly Zero Energy Building Standards with KORE EPS
- Real world case studies and examples of KORE EPS solutions in action
- An overview of KORE Technical Services
- U-value calculations
- Condensation risk analysis
- Thermal bridging analysis
- Temperature factor analysis
- On-site visits
- Online resource centre
K Rend External Wall Insulation – Session 2 (45 minutes in length)
Presented by Ken O’Neill, Area Sales Manager K Rend will be delivering an External Wall Insulation CPD course which will advise on all technical aspects of the K Rend System. This will consist of:
- General external wall insulation overview
- Preparation, installation and technical advantages of EWI
- Control of condensation & specific considerations
- Learnings about the various substrates available
- Insulation performance, board fixings and the overall K Rend System
This CPD will provide a Quality & Assurance checklist to ensure jobs are carried out to the correct standard. There will be an opportunity to view and discuss the comprehensive range of K Rend silicone render finishes and colours. Members of both teams will be available after the conclusion of the breakfast briefing to answer questions in depth, provide contact information for quotations or to simply have a chat!
This CPD course is held on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets must be reserved through the Eventbrite platform. In the event that all available seats are reserved, a waiting list will be made available through the KORE website. Tickets must be presented for admittance. Light refreshments will be provided. CPD certificates will be sent via email following the event to those that have signed in and presented a valid ticket. We’re happy to answer any additional questions by email or phone at the following: KORE Insulation [email protected] +353 49 4336998 www.kore-system.com K Rend [email protected] www.k-rend.co.uk