On Friday September 28th, KORE held an employee appreciation event at The Kilmore Hotel, Cavan. KORE believes we are a family first and a business second, and this events aim was to update all employees of current business, and show them that he or she makes a difference.
The event started with an introduction by Commercial Director Caroline Ashe speaking about where KORE is now, how we have grown and what the future at KORE looks like. We had a variety of presentations on the day including:
- Technical Sales Managers Steven Magee and Andrew Butler presented case studies they have worked on using KORE products, including Void Formers and Floor Insulation.
- John. B. Smith, KORE’s Retrofit Programme Manager was next reviewing last year’s Better Energy Community Scheme, and discussing the progress of this years schemes, including the Warmer Home Scheme and its impact on the community.
- Marketing Executive Lisa Downey brought us through the customer journey from the first interaction with a potential customer, to production, delivery and follow up afterwards.
- Fergal Harrison, Quality Manager spoke about the importance of quality in manufacturing, and informed us of all the tests he carries out to ensure high quality and performance of our products.
- Director of Operations Pauric Kavanagh (pictured) explained how we are working towards ISO45001 certification, why health & safety is paramount, and discussed the future of KORE.
- Brian Flax, Marketing Manager finished up the presentations by discussing KORE’s marketing stats, the marketing projects in the pipeline, and showing us the progress of our new website.
Our employee event wasn’t all presentations, we did have some fun activities too. We cut out jigsaw pieces from EPS and had each table paint them with what KORE meant to them. Each painted piece will now join and hang in the staff canteen where we can all see how connected we are, and how our family is always linked.
The KORE employees put their personal touches to their piece of the jigsaw. what KORE meant to them. Each painted piece will now join and hang in the staff canteen where we can all see how connected we are, and how our family is always linked.
We also had the KORE Oscars, where awards were given out for ‘The Mammy of the Company, Prankster of the Company, Little Miss Sunshine, Company Motivator, KORE President’ and many more. All employees had such fun voting for their peers and seeing who would get the coveted awards.
Managing Director Noel Brady (pictured) had some final words for the team thanking everyone for all their hard work, commitment and dedication throughout the years.
Our event ended with dinner and some laughs amongst us all. We even had some jive music at the end, where some of the professional KORE dancers showed us how to jive.
A great day had by all, thank you to all our employees for being part of our KORE family. Here is to a bright future for us all, including more employee appreciation events.